Two senior members and a rabbi present the Princes Road Synagogue, which was opened in 1874. When visitors see it, the interior often makes their jaws drop – it is so beautiful!
The video plays for a little under ten minutes.
Greenbank Drive synagogue, a fine 1930s building, was the home of the New Hebrew Congregation, founded in the 1840s. Its previous home was in Hope Place, and is now the site of the Unity Theatre. The New Congregation was a breakaway from the Old Hebrew Congregation, based in Seel St, before it moved to Princes Road.
The synagogue closed in 2008 and is no longer used.