Visit to Calderstones Park Mansion House

Built in 1828 by lead shot manufacturer Joseph Walker, Calderstones Park Mansion House is a neo-classical ashlar mansion of three floors, with a separate and extensive stable yard and coach house, which was originally set in 93 acres of parkland. In 1875, the house and estate were acquired by Charles McIver, co-founder of the Cunard Line, for £52,000. Completely redeveloped and restored by Autumn 2019, it reopened as the world’s first public building dedicated to literature and wellbeing.’


Aug 31 2020


All Day


QR Code